Wednesday 1 October 2014

Product Review: SuperMax Razor Blades


River Valley trading crew member Riaz has been experimenting with various brands of SuperMax blades for the past month and he shared his findings with us:

I have been using the entire range of Supermax blades available to me over the last month of September 2014.

Each blade was used for three shaves then I moved onto the next one. The creams that I used alternatively were Body Shop and Godrej Sensitive (Red).

The blades I used were :

Supermax Blue
Supermax Yellow
Supermax Green
Supermax New & Improved

These are my subjective opinions on the above:

I started with the Yellow - a blade I am very familiar with and use most often. A good clean shave. A good compromise between smoothness and aggressiveness. Holds a decent edge for three shaves at least.

Then I went onto the Blue. Excellent. Definitely a cut above the yellow. Very smooth and comfortable shave. Ultra close. Feels very similar to Treet platinum which is the softest that I have ever used.

Thereafter the Green. I was pleasantly surprised. Very smooth. A notch below the blue. Silky as well. Very close shave. I like this one.

This week was the “New & Improved”. Honestly , I don’t know what’s new and improved about this one. Maybe new and improved packaging that’s about it. It felt really rough compared to the above. The shave was decent but felt really aggressive. Would not buy this one again.

If I could rate all, this is how I would put it:

1.       Blue
2.       Green
3.       Yellow
4.       New & Improved ( was the worst).

As a follow up from the above. It was my first time using the Godrej cream. I used it alternatively to the Body shop maca root so that I could compare. Here are my findings.

1.       Body shop Maca root. As per my previous review of this product. Nothing has changed. An average cream at best. Will do the job but at this price point (R120) I would expect much more in terms of cushion and glide. Best thing about this one is the face after care. As usual with this one for me, always 1 or 2 minor nicks.

2.       The Godrej comes with a worldwide reputation so I was very interested to see what the hype was all about. Dispensed a pea sized amount of cream and lathered it up. Lathers up easy and rich. A tad more water required for this one in my opinion. Lathered up and gave it a go. Brilliant. Excellent cushion and glide. To me the face care is better than the body shop. You definitely have that fresh glow after the shave. I can see why this is sought after. After this initial test I have been using it for the month of September 2014 alternatively with the Bodyshop. I say for sure that the Godrej is a superior product. Not one nick or cut, not one!






For all your wet shaving needs check out our product listings on BidorBuy






No comments:

Post a Comment